Registered tutor Pete Farrugia provides expert one to one tuition for all levels and abilities. He offers individually tailored lessons which are taught from his fully equipped teaching and recording studio in Carshalton, South London. Pete also offers Skype lessons.
Correct and appropriate instruction in relevant musical theory is essential for today’s complete musician. Pete is knowledgable, qualified and experienced enough to provide this.
- One-to-one lessons are tailored to the individual student’s needs.
- Guitar, bass guitar and ukulele are taught at Pete’s fully equipped teaching/recording studio in Carshalton, South London, UK.
- Printed handouts are given from Pete’s huge collection, built up over many years. Clear diagrams are used to display scales, chords and arpeggios.
- Songs and instrumentals are provided using chord charts, tablature and traditional musical stave notation. Sight-reading can be taught if required.
- Pete’s extremely varied collection of specially-arranged example songs date from early 20th Century Blues, right up to date, and pretty much everything in between.
Pete’s intensive study of the history of music enables him to add interesting details to lessons, putting example pieces into their proper historical context, and demonstrating the development of different musical genres and playing techniques.
If required, Pete offers entrance and coaching for the Registry of Guitar Tutors (RGT) exams. These are graded from beginner up to Diploma level. They are awarded by the London College of Music, and certified by the University of West London. The exams are fully accredited by Ofqual, and UCAS points are available for grades 6, 7 and 8. RGT exams are available for Electric, Acoustic, Bass, Classical and Rock Guitar style. Pete is also an examiner for the RGT, so is in a perfect position to coach and prepare candidates for their exams and performance awards.
Audio-visual aids are an important part of each lesson, from original sound recordings and backing tracks, to videos, and even musical computer software.